Sinister: volume is pleasant

brad parachute at xxx.net
Mon Jul 27 05:53:38 BST 1998

i was reading this article in some magazine, i think maybe a.p., but
that's not important.
it was about all the new things going on in ol' athens, ga. you
know....neutral milk hotel, elf power, olivia tremor control...all those
bands. but then it went into the history of athens.....something i lived
through....and it brought back many good memories. of the music that is.
i hate the town. bunch of fucking fratboys and people who think they're
cooler than you.....and there's an athens way of talking. it's hard to
describe it in words, but everything sounds like a question.

"i'm gonna go to mcdonald's?"
"this is my demo?"

but anyway, that's not my point. well....screw all this nonsense. the
whole purpose of this letter is

wasn't pylon one of the best fucking bands ever?

i dug out all my stuff. the pylon albums, the love tractor albums, the
athens ga inside out comp., squares blot out the sun...all of it. i even
started listening to my old rem stuff again which i hadn't listened to
since i realized what a fucking waste "monster" was.

but back to pylon...can i get an amen? duke? that perfection as a
hipster guy? anyone?  surely there are fans on this list. i reckon
anyone who likes the first couple of go-betweens albums would love
pylon.

i even liked their short lived reunion album. and that band on the
athens ga inside out album...the bar-b-q killers..."oh oh oh shit"

i'm rambling.

anyone else had these songs and bands and albums as their middle and
high school soundtracks? or is it a georgia thing?

-brad
. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.