Sinister: FW: Matador Tour Dates 7/24/98

Honey honey at xxx.net
Mon Jul 27 15:59:25 BST 1998

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, John Stuart/mail+schedule wrote:

> Thanks very much.
> Can anyone at jeepster back this up?
>
> > From: 	ELIZABETH DAPLYN[SMTP:EDAPLYNR3N00297 at xxx.uk]
> >
> > >  8/31 Glasgow - Maryhill Com.
> > >  9/1 Glasgow - Maryhill Com.

Not, repeat NOT from Jeepster :)  From my sofa I can confirm that
I've heard that they will play Maryhill Community Centre on these
dates, that the gigs will be "warm-ups" and therefore were probably
going to get announced in a more cosy way just before, and that
Matador might get a little bottom slap.  I doubt very much whether
you can get tickets and such yet, but there's a detective on the
case.  I think the band are afraid they might be crap, sorry I mean a
bit rusty (is that libel?), and so don't want this announced as a
full-blown gig, but were going to tell us all nearer the time.  It'll
be very much a lemonade and crisps affair I think, just like the
do-dah concert at the church hall.

By the way lots of people were very sweet about my grrry message to
the list earlier - thanks for being kind and suggesting some stuff,
and also for responding to my pleas.  I'm still at home and feeling a
bit grotty but hopefully I'll be bright as a button soon.

Oh and someone on indiepop suggested an idea that I think is
brilliant, but won't be executed due to the fact it's too much
trouble.  But we could all bandy together to bid for Stevie's
Tigermilk, each put in say 2 quid, get the damn things out the hands
of some fat slug who's got more money than sense, and then have a
raffle HERE amongst the people who paid 2 quid.  That way someone who
doesn't own a small office building may still have their very own
copy.  For those whose hearts are set on it.  Just an idea but I'm
afraid I haven't got the energy to organise it :)  This one's had a
lot of publicity though and so I suspect it will go for a ridiculous
amount of money, and therefore not worth our while doing, but it's in
a good cause I guess.  They'll be some people with M.E. who go to that
clinic so I'm not moaning.

Over and out from me, Splat and the sofa.

honey xxx

. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.