Sinister: Paging Doctor Jazz

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Jul 27 16:06:14 BST 1998

>It meant to go to the MSP list
>There are more than 3 B&S fans on here I hope....

Sarah, you sound remarkably restrained on the MSP list. Anyway, I thnk you
might have been listening to an unreleased experimental mix made before thay
had a whip round for the strings. That's the song I've heard, by the way,
albeit with strings.

Stuff Bernard Butler and Gus Honeybun. On Saturday Kirk Lightsey, the famous
jazz pianist, said hello to me - for no reason! What a pleasant fellow he
seems to be. His style is seated firmly in the roots of bop - it says here.
I can't comment because I didn't see him, but I love him and his incredibly
groovy band, who I did see. I also saw "the world's greatest blues organist
in the world", Jimmy McGriff and his quartet. They did a really funky,
virtually unrecognisable, version of Ode to Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry and
another stomping great funkathon that was really cookin'. And all for free.
Free jazz. Cosmic wind. Celestial vibes. There was a big fat man with a big
beard walking around wearing a badge that siad "Doctor Jazz". There's always
one, isn't there?  Tomorrow I'm hoping to see the Philadelphia Gospel
Seminars Choir. Oh happy day!

What is Maryhill Com? It sounds like a website. Are you sure it's not
Maryhill Co-op?

Brad, my brother does that questioning intonation thing? I find it really
annoying?

Peter?

. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.