Sinister: mojave 3 tomorrow night

Cassell Professional Publishing d.barker at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 28 12:36:59 BST 1998

Is anyone going to see their support slot at ULU tomorrow night? They're
playing with Locust, who I know absolutely nothing about, but I'm hopelessly
in love with the mojave 3 EP, especially the third song which sounds like
the best bits of the Eagles and Pink Floyd, and makes me want to drive
through the mojave desert.

Managed to get hold of a copy of the boy with the arab strap, and have been
listening to it non-stop since Saturday. It is the most nostalgic record
I've ever heard. I think the reason Chick Factor is getting low scores in
the voting booth is not because it's crap, but because it completely throws
the momentum of the second half of the record. It's a lovely song, and is
the closest thing to the Left Banke imaginable. My favourites are Ease your
feet into the sea, and Rollercoaster ride which could just go on for ever...

Also, the Arnold record is fantastic. It's very nearly as good as OK
computer, and at times is a total rip-off of that record, but you can't
complain, really.

Lastly, if country music doesn't make you sick, the Lucinda Williams record
is lush. It's not quite as good as all the grown up newspapers are saying,
but still fabby.

Take care,

DAVID

. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.