Sinister: Join Together

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Jul 28 14:51:42 BST 1998

David Moore wrote:

Re the recent thread about the Who, I went to that gig at Charlton and the
Who were brilliant, as were Little Feat (bet that's the first time they've
got a mention on this list!). Not a bad day out for £4. Don't remember
seeing any half naked girls, though.

to which I reply:

She was behind you! Or perhaps it was one of those studio overdubs they were
famous for. I'm particularly smitten with the performance of Bell Boy, with
Keith Moon on top vocal form. So now I'm jealous. What about Humble Pie?
I've often been tempted. The other good thing about that concert is the
fashion factor, some really great seventies styles on display. It reminds me
a lot of that amusing interview with a Millwall fan, the one who doesn't
care if he goes to jail, he'll just come out again, beat some more people up
at Millwall and go to jail again. Does anyone know what I'm on about?
Probably not. So what were you wearing, David? Did you favour the Charlie
George look?

If anyone is thinking of offering to put Adrian Evans up in London, bear in
mind you'll be needing some oats and a stable for his shetland pony. Perhaps
Harold Steptoe is on the list.

David, I was thinking of records rather than informal acoustic jams or
whatever. More specifically, what records does Stuart M appear on, and what
does he do? I just left t'others in to make it look democratic. This may
lead to a spate of on-topic messages, but hopefully people will remember to
include something off-topic as well. Oh well, it was just a fort, as Captain
Snort said to Doctor Mopp.

I think Paul's raffle idea is a cracker. I can't organise it because 1) I
live in Spain, and 2) I'd spend all the money on Mister Kipling's Bramley
Apple Pies.

Cheers,

Sister Disco

. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.