Sinister: Left-handedness

Mick McMick mick at xxx.com
Wed Jul 29 01:19:50 BST 1998

PJMiller wrote:
> Why is Stuart M pretending to be left-handed? Does he want us all to
> think that he is in league with the DEVIL????

	Hm...just guessing here. I don't remember much from my two years of
Latin. Don't blame me, it was...uh I'd say over 6 years ago. Anyway, the
latin word for left is Sinister, Sinistris. Raises some interesting
questions, doesn't it? Or maybe some uninteresting ones, really. Either
way, the word sinister obtained its meaning from the latin, because (as
Mr. Miller alluded to) left-handed people were considered to be evil,
fiendish, etc.

	You learn something new every day.

 /"\_/"\_/"\    Mick McMick - mick at indiepop.com - ICQ#5056758
 \         /    Sandcastle Records - sandcastlerecords at indiepop.com
  |       |     Sandcastle Homepage - http://indiepop.com/sandcastle/
  |       |
  |       |     "Everyone has their own cup of tea.
  |       |          Some just happen to like a lot of sugar in it!"
  |       |               - Me!
. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.