Sinister: Calling unsigned bands

Simon Taylor Simon.Taylor at xxx.uk
Wed Jul 29 11:26:07 BST 1998

Bit of a cheek considering this is my first message to the list but here goes
anyway...

A couple of friends of mine are in the process of seriously looking into setting
up their very own record label..

The idea behind it is as follows.  They would release a very limited (500) hand
numbered CD single from new shiny bands

This would NOT be a profit related venture, just a chance for new bands to
actually get their stuff pressed up, and sold to the public.  They would push
the bands, sending copies to papers, radio stations and the like... (yes it is
true that the bands could do this themselves, but not many do!)

Basically we want to know if people would be interested in this idea.

If anyone has any comments, suggestions, offers of help, or even demos could
they please contact either Siobhan (Siobhan at GREENERGY.co.uk),  Gareth
(armadillo at ccm.co.uk) or myself.

(Who knows perhaps one of their releases could end up to be as wonderful a thing
as the georgeous Tigermilk - and we all know where that has lead!!!).

SIMON

                        Email Disclaimer

is unauthorised.
. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.