Sinister: I never knew love could make me feel this sore

Jackson,John John.Jackson at xxx.com
Wed Jul 29 15:10:45 BST 1998

Afternoon, earthbound boys and girls!

My favourite track from the new Belle and Sebastian album is
'Real Gone Kid', it's the one about the old street cleaner who sings the blues
whilst sailing round your town after he saw Mariah Carey on TV in his boat
called Dignity which he saved up his pocket money to buy. I just wish they
hadn't got Monica Queen in again to sing on it - isn't she only in the band cos
she's the singer's girlfriend?

I don't know if this is the same on all pressings of the CD - but wait
 after the last
track for about 15 minutes and there's this Armand Van Helden mix of
 'Expectations'
that kicks in - it's bangin' man! I'm really glad he kept most of the
 original song in,
unlike other mixes which just have an occasional vocal sample, like the
 Chemical
Bros version of 'Dog on Wheels' on the last EP which just had Stuart
 going 'When
I was a boy' now and again over those kickin' beats for which they are
 moderately
well known.

Well cheerio.
I wonder what is on the films tonight
JJ
xx
. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.