Sinister: double fantasy

Cassell Professional Publishing d.barker at xxx.uk
Wed Jul 29 17:16:10 BST 1998

Contrived to have not one but two B and S dreams last night. I put this down
to eating a bowl of nutritious Doll noodles just minutes before bedtime.

The first one consisted of the band playing outdoors in what I can only
describe as a sunken tennis court. I remember nothing else except that there
were only forty or fifty people there, it was sunny, and idyllic.

The second dream was very frustrating. I was in a cinema, where they were
showing a double bill of B and S films - films by, about, and featuring the
band. As you can imagine, this was very exciting. The first film I saw in
its entirety, but the moment it ended, it just disappeared completely from
my mind. Then my acquaintance Andy arrived in the interval, and spent the
whole of the second film making crude comments and being so offensive to
everyone in the cinema that I was forced to take him outside and challenge
him to a fight. Luckily my friend Jon turned up to save me (Andy is much
bigger than I am), and drove me to his parents' house, where we watched
videos of the members of Pavement in porn films.

A bizarre combination of lost films and lost dreams, right up Jonathan Coe's
street.

Back to work

Take care

DAVID

. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.