Sinister: re: L.A. Clubbies

Tara Widmer TWidmer at xxx.com
Thu Jul 30 21:16:13 BST 1998

Girl Racer Tasha wrote:
<<i'm going to be going down to L.A. for a couple of weeks starting
august 14th i think. and i was wondering if anyone knows of any good
clubs down there which play britpop-type-music >>

There is a club called "Cafe Bleu" which is held on Thursdays(?), and
from the sounds of it, it's pretty much the same as SF's Popscene. Which
can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what you think of that
place.  LA listees, isn't there also a club named after something by
Pulp - "lipgloss" or "his'n'hers" or "common people" or something???
I'm surprised "Disco 2000" hasn't been taken. Or "this is hardcore" for
that matter.
Have fun, Tasha!!

Today I tried to reserve a copy of "the Boy with.." and the people at
the store i called (who shall remain nameless cos they don't need the
advertising) wouldn't do it because "the album title and release date
haven't really been confirmed".  this is rubbish right?? I think he just
said that so he could make sure they all got their copies first or
something:-P  He didn't even sound impressed that I "received an e-mail
from the record company verifying this info."  poo.

<<also i'll miss sarah. (tho i don't have a crush on her, unless she
turned out
to be a cute boy) HER POSTS ARE FUNNY!!!!!!>>
maybe in her absence we can honor her by changing all our sig files to

TATA!!!
tara
. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.