Sinister: re: L.A. Clubbies

Mick McMick mick at xxx.com
Thu Jul 30 23:08:01 BST 1998

Tara Widmer wrote:
> There is a club called "Cafe Bleu" which is held on Thursdays(?), and
> from the sounds of it, it's pretty much the same as SF's Popscene. Which
> can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what you think of that
> place.

	I went there when I was in LA as well. It was pretty fun, I have to
say. I used to have a slight dislike for "britpop," but even I enjoyed
it. Of course, that dislike has slowly been completely eroded, but it
was still fun. They played St. Etienne and the Smiths and Monaco and
some other fun stuff. I also believe that the night we were there it was
a release party for the (then) new Pulp album. They were giving out free
posters & stuff.
	Oh, also make sure you're dressed to a tee, there is a line of hipsters
outside who sneer at everyone's clothing. Or at least I think that's
what they were doing. Regardless, it was fun dancing there. Oh, and
there was a band I didn't like too much to open things up. No one there
except the band's girlfriends seemed to like them much either, and they
weren't very britpop, either.

	Hm...I just had a really funny thought. Can anyone imagine B&S being
played in a club? How could you dance to it? If they did play it, what
would they play? "Sleep Around the Clock"? A dance remix of something,
perhaps? (hehe)

 /"\_/"\_/"\    Mick McMick - mick at indiepop.com - ICQ#5056758
 \         /    Sandcastle Records - sandcastlerecords at indiepop.com
  |       |     Sandcastle Homepage - http://indiepop.com/sandcastle/
  |       |
  |       |     "Everyone has their own cup of tea.
  |       |          Some just happen to like a lot of sugar in it!"
  |       |               - Me!

. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.