Sinister: Re : worth the pain

Adrian Evans aevans at xxx.uk
Mon Jun 1 08:53:31 BST 1998

Bo, Luke and Daisy Duke of Harringay wrote :

>Anyway, it was just after i'd climbed up this bloody big hill >(they call it Little Haldon, but there's nothing little about it, i >can tell you... i'd gone over Great Haldon an hour or so earlier, >and that's more aptly titled) and when i got to the top i rode >along, just looking at the view. it was amazing, it really was, >looking down on Teignmouth on one side and Dawlish on the >other, with the sea and sand shining in the sun. Anyway, i just
>forgot all about the pain in my legs and lungs and felt so >bloody alive, and i thought of that line, and it seemed so fitting. >so anyway, just thought i'd share.

Man...You'm just toooooooooooooo energetic.
If anyone care's, as a local-yokel, I can fully vouch for the extent of Mr Dukes exertions, and can only suggest he's two board games short of a B&S picnic.

I spent 8 hours in a sun-baked field yesterday playing cricket like the old man I am, and boy, do I 'urt this morning...not only that, I didn't have my Adam-Ant war paint on an' I got a face like a Raddish.

B&S content ? mmmmmmmmm........nope !

Adrian.