Sinister: Gomez and Morris dancers: one of these things is good

ELIZABETH DAPLYN EDAPLYNR3N00297 at xxx.uk
Mon Jun 1 14:20:46 BST 1998

	Bloody hell, why can't I type "sinister" without adding an extra "s"
and making it "sinsister"?  It's a recurrent problem, and one that probably
means I have *issues* with my family or something...

	Anyway, what an odd weekend I had.  Inbetween stressing about my
Foundation Course exhibition and trying to get the supporting work for my
final piece up to scratch, I sampled the *delights* of the
Rochester-Upon-Medway Dickens Festival.
	For those who are not habitees of the Medway area of Kent (and I
suspect there may be a few of these on the list), Rochester is where the
fool Charles Dickens wrote and set a lot of his books.  So _obviously_
EVERYTHING which happens here has to be Dickenscentric.
	Morris Dancers there were thankfully few when I went down to the
high street, but people dressed up as Queen Victoria and Miss Havisham there
were many.
	The coolest bit was going on the Merry-Go-Round in the castle
gardens.  Even though my friends made me ride on a giant chicken instead of
a wee horsie like they did, the scum.  And the calliope organ thing played
"Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat", which was ill-advised in
_my_ humble opinion...
	Ah, and the delights of a Thai Spring Roll from the acest restaurant
in town's outside stall, scoffing hot beansprouts on a lovely sunny day...
Eccelente, Ambassador!

	Has anyone else got the Gomez album?  Well, strictly speaking, _I_
haven't got it, my mum has, but I can nick it when I want to listen to it.
Anyway, it's great unclassifiable pop-rock-blues-jazz stuff.

                       Au revoir,
                                       Liz.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,