Sinister: Close Lobsters

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Mon Jun 1 22:23:21 BST 1998

> The Close Lobsters hailed from Glasgow

well never let it be said that the duke is nothing if not pedantic... Close
Lobsters in fact hailed from Paisley, which explains the lines in
'Skyscrapers of St Mirin' that talk about the town of pattern. St Mirrin of
course being the local soccer team i believe. Close Lobsters were a fine
fine band, who i saw many times in the mid to late 80s, and who often
swapped members with another Paisley/Glsgow band, the very grand Church
Grimms, whose 'Mr Watts Said' is a bona fide classic.

> I seem to remember that they were more successful in the USA than Great
> Britain ... I'd be interested what happened to the Burnett Brothers
> subsequently ...

last i heard was many years ago and was that they had in fact decamped to
the US. Maybe my minds now palying tricks but then i also seem to hazily
remember that at least one of subsequently returned to Paisley. i'm probably
making that bit up though.

stay gold,

the duke