Sinister: Duckula, Dangermouse, & Close Lobsters

ELIZABETH DAPLYN EDAPLYNR3N00297 at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 2 13:21:30 BST 1998

Mark Smith wrote some stuff following on from some other stuff:

> Count Duckula the series was in fact a spin-off from Dangermouse - Duckula
> was a villain with whom the great DM locked horns on at least on occasion.
Ooh, I didn't know that!  How exciting!  Not only is Sinister lovely and
full of beautiful sparkly people, it is also highly informative.
Gosh, and I thought I'd seen all the Dangermouse there was to be seen...I've
even got a video of some of the episodes still.  Classy stuff.

> The Duckula who had his own series, I have to say, was far inferior to
> that from the Dangermouse series, who was if my memory serves, a would-be
> thespian who only really wanted to be famous.
Duckula as a series wasn't as good as Dangermouse either.  It was always
limited rather by the vampire thing, whereas The Chief Rodent himself had
that superhero thing going on, and so could go off into outer space and
battle with aliens for an episode, then return to foil the evil plans of
Greenback and his dim henchman Stiletto in the next.

> (Just out of lurking as we've finally hit upon a subject very close to my
> heart - I used to want to _be_ Dangermouse!)
I've got a soft spot for Penfold, personally.  The poor wee thing that he
is.

            Au revoir,
                         Liz.

l (a