Sinister: Duckula, Dangermouse, & Close Lobsters

DMC DMC at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 2 14:34:20 BST 1998

I seem to think that we're missing the point. The cartoon B&S was on BBC.
It was around the period of such highbrow cartoon series as Dogtanian & the
Three Muskahounds, 80 Days Around the World and Ulysses. I always tired of
Dangermouse, but never of such challenging cartoon series that were so
close to the books. BBC kids programmes always outclassed ITV.

Look at Trumpton! What an outstanding and inpirational programme. I wanted
to be a fireman when I was a kid, not a white mouse that drove cars and had
battles with a toad!

I hope that stirs up some intellectual debate about childrens programmes
rather than the obsessive Duckula fans. Duckula pales next to the might of
Bagpuss!

Dan