Sinister: Melankolic

John Stuart/mail+schedule John.Stuart at xxx.com
Tue Jun 2 16:30:31 BST 1998

> espadrille wrote:
	>am listening, at this second, to a craig armstrong track on the
melankolic
	>compilation, one of the (too many) records i bought in second-hand
records
	>shops in the hague and leiden (first house of love album, automtic
for the
	>people, a billy mackenzie solo album). in case anyone's interested.

The Melankolic compilation was given away free with Massive Attacks new
album.  Melankolic is pretty good, esp. the craig armstrong tracks.

In case anyone's interested, of the latest records I've bought, I would
recommend Money Mark's album.  But avoid the Fire records compalation, 'I
wouldn't Piss On It If It Was On Fire'.  It looked a good deal, about 40
tracks, 2 cds, for £7, but it sucks.  In my opinion, anyway.  It does have a
Thrum track on it though.

I'm really into The Lost Soul Band at the moment, after seeing Gordon Graeme
play at the Queen Street Oyster bar a couple of months back.  Their album
'Land of Do As You Please' is highly recommended, and is an absolute bargain
at £2.99 from Fopp.  For any fans, Gordon plays a solo set at the Queen
Street Oyster bar, Edinburgh,  most Thursday nights.

John "hasn't posted for months" Stuart.

The best joke I've heard this week: