Sinister: G-Force!

ELIZABETH DAPLYN EDAPLYNR3N00297 at xxx.uk
Wed Jun 3 16:07:38 BST 1998

sezah wrote:

> on the other topic that was introduced by the starry one, i used to watch
> all those fab cartoons - dangermouse, bananaman, et.al. but i must say
> G-Force were my favourites....
Flippin' eck, and here's me having spent half the day ensnared in the
clutches of that tv.cream thing that Rodddd (a bad influence on _this_
cartoon nostalgic at the least) posted the URL for, and looking for stuff on
G-Force (or Gatchaman, as I have learnt the original version was called, or
Battle of the Planets as _another_ alternate identity) at the very moment
when this email arrived.
I only ever saw a couple of episodes of G-Force (the American version),
because when my family were living in Nigeria our next-door neighbours had a
video of the aforesaid, which we watched religiously, interspersed with
viewings of Star Wars.  Anyway, a top programme in the
comedy-robot-also-included vein (see Ulysses 31 for another comedy robot
sidekick).

OK, who watched Round The Bend on ITV in the late 80s?  It had nicely
scatological spoofs of Thundercats ("Thunderpants", led by the mighty
Y-Front-O and facing the deadly evil of Bum-Ra) and He-Man, amongst others.
Oh, and "Jamie and the Magic Kilt" ("What shall I pull oot frae under ma
kilt today, kids?") was also on it.

Oh oh oh!  I just found Look & Read!  Ah, the joys of watching Dark Towers
and Geordie Racer just after break at junior school...

> these
> past few days i have had stuartm counting "1,2,3,4.." (like at the
> beginning
> of mayfly) in my head, with the result that i have been marching around
> town
> everywhere in time to his counting!! and no matter how hard i try, i
> cannot
> break the rhythm.
When "We Rule The School" gets into my head, it's impossible to get rid of
(not that I'd really want to), and I find myself muttering "on a BEECH tree
rudely CARVED, NC loved ME" to myself as I stride around to the rhythm
thus engendered.  Ho hum.