Sinister: there is nothing of interest in this message

Hopkins, Tim t.hopkins at xxx.uk
Wed Jun 3 17:25:27 BST 1998

They say that good things come in threes, and over the past few days I've
found myself with the urge to be irritatingly pedantic on the list. Three
times. So that must be good, yes? No offence to Cory or Chris, and only mild
offence to Tag.

Cory wrote:

> I make all of my own tapes so the recordings are quite good.

I have to say that I have had a fair amount of success with tapes bought
from shops, and am not sure that home made ones would be any better. Not
that I'm maligning your craftspersonship, you understand. I'd like to see a
home-made tape though. I'm imagining it made of plywood, and decorated
beautifully.

Tag wrote:

	Actually ruling is so passe and now the word on the streets is
"romp".
	Je rompe, tu rompe, il/elle rompe, nous rompons, vous rompez,
ils/elles
	rompent.  The verb takes the avoir form in the perfect tense,
	incidentally.  As in, "ce weekend, nous avons rompe, et je voudrais
	romper avec toi encore, parce que c'etait genial, mon petit gateau
au
	pate d'amandes".
	You don't know what I'm on about, do you?

And you're asking us to believe that you do?

Furthermore, Chris, while apparently referring to the A-Team, wrote:

	Duh duh duh duuuh
	Duh duh duuuh
	Du du duh duh du duuuh
	Duuuh du du duh duuuh

Sorry, Chris, but you've been confusing 'The A-Team' with 'Little House On
The Prairie' there, old son. I understand. It's an easy mistake to make.
Especially in the title sequence when the little girl tries to escape from
her tormentors by impersonating an aeroplane, but gets cut down and sinks
beneath the waves of grain...it's so poignant...

See? Nothing of interest. Don't say I didn't warn you.

tim