Sinister: mrs. frisby & the rats of NIMH

Kimberly Rivas-Plata krivas at xxx.gov
Wed Jun 3 19:26:27 BST 1998

Liz wrote:

In the wider animation genre "The Secret of Nimh" has to rank up there pretty
high too.

It took me over a year of working here at the NIH (National Institutes of
Health,
for all you non-science, non-US listees) before I realised that "The Secrect of
NIMH" was actually referring to an institute here, the National Institute of
Mental Health. cool huh....whatever. Just thought I'd pass that on.  It was
also
one of my favorite animated films when I was a kid.

But my favorite animated flick of all time has to be "The Last Unicorn."  I
even
have it on videotape. It was the only cartoon I knew of that actually had curse
words in it ("damn" and "hell" - not really that harsh now, but to an 8
year old,
they're pretty strong). The guy who wrote the story, Peter S. Beagle, went on
to write a Saturday morning cartoon called "Wildfire" about magical horses or
something - I can no longer remember exactly.  It was ok.

Anyone ever see "Aminalympics"? It was, as the title suggests, about the
olympics for animals - pretty cute. The soundtrack was by 10CC. I still have
the album somewhere - not half bad for a kid's movie.

enough for now,
kim