Sinister: Oink!, ZZzzzz, The Irish, and Money.

Rod Begbie rod at xxx.com
Wed Jun 3 19:43:12 BST 1998

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, Boodle Boodle Boodle wrote:

> but round the bend! now teh adventures of doc croc and his merry bunch of chms. i always thought
> it the telly extension of the mighty oink magazine - anybody remember that? better than viz will
> ever even dream of being, the first truly intelligent kids comic and possibly written (or so i've
> heard) by the boy lard. what a long twisted life he's led...

He contributed some strips (Harry The Head for example), but it was Lew
Stringer who was the Uncle Pig behind it all.

Oh, and there's a mailing list spin-off of TV Cream.  Go to the website
(http://tv.cream.org) for details.  Fairly low-traffic at the moment, but
its dedicated to people going "Oh, what was that show... you know, with
the bloke off of Tiswas and Floella Benjamin, and the theme by Five Star?"

I've had 5 hours sleep a night, for the last three nights.  And it's
killing me.  Dissertation's due in on Monday, y'see.  So, having had the
pain of writing the software, I now have the tedious task of writing about
the writing of the software.

On the plus side, sitting in front of my computer does lead to me playing
loads of CDs that I've under-played the last few months.  "This Is
Hardcore" has been on for a couple of spins, and is much better than I
remember it being when I first listened to it.  And the Gomez album is
terrific.  Takes a while to get used to, but well worth it.

I took part in the B*Witched online chat today on beeb.com.  They think
that Mr Tickle would win a fight between all the Mister Men.  Oh, and they
took offence to the question "The Irish music bit in your single --
Cynical Riverdance cash-in, or a genuine love of your musical heritage?"

(Honey+David -- Have a look at how beeb.com do their online chats, cause
it's very civilly organised.  Maybe give you some ideas when (if) B&S
agree to another one)

Oh, and I discovered today that the credit-limit on my Barclaycard has
risen from £350 to £1000.  Woohoo!  Major shopping-spree alert!  Anyone
got any CDs to recommend?  (Money Mark's the only one on my shopping list
just now)

Bye for now,

Rod.

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |