Sinister: cartoons and dylan

FoxInASnow at xxx.com FoxInASnow at xxx.com
Wed Jun 3 20:21:11 BST 1998

I seem to have walked on this discussion list into the middle of a cartoon
discussion. Not quite what i expected, but hey, i'm cool, i can handle it.

krivas at codon.nih.gov writes:
> But my favorite animated flick of all time has to be "The Last Unicorn."  I
> even have it on videotape. It was the only cartoon I knew of that actually
had
> curse words in it ("damn" and "hell" - not really that harsh now, but to an
8
> year old, they're pretty strong).

I always loved that movie. It's based off of the Peter S. Beagle book by the
same title, an absolutely lovely story that i've always thought of as a
children's story for adults. We have an ancient copy lying around the house
somewhere (although it seems to me that i looked for it when i was home over
Christmas break and to my great dismay could not locate it anywhere), but i've
never been able to find it anywhere else, so i suppose it's quite out of print
(either that, or i've always looked in all the wrong places). Ah well.

But on another note - and here is where i attepmt to fit Belle and Sebastian
back into the picture - i have another movie to watch sometime soon. My
friend, upon learning that B&S has a song about her hero, loaned me her copy
of "Don't Look Back," the Bob Dylan movie. Has anyone seen this? I'm not
really sure how much watching the movie will enhance my B&S listening
experiences, but the anticipation is still kind of exciting.

Jess.