Sinister: Three six nine, twelve fifteen eighteen...

Mark Casarotto biondino at xxx.com
Thu Jun 4 08:31:15 BST 1998

Kate Anderson wrote:

> listening to scot fm sunday nite to that program that i can't
> remember the name of, a children's record fronted by bob dora (?)
> cropped up. it's got 10 songs, each one sesame steet style showcasing
> (sssss) the talents of each number . de la soul sampled NUMBER 3  for
> their magico hit record and it's just really good jazz pop funk like
> a love! and the lyrics aren't about grinding sex or revenge
> or love or the world which i like too.   it's quite rare now this, i
> think.
>
> so if anyone knows what i'm rambling on about or HAS a copy of this
> disc , please mail me and mebbe i could get a tape, huh? please?
> kate xx

The Band concerned are called Multiplication Rock, and their "Three is a
magic number" (much better than De la
Soul's, I reckon) is so good that whenever my mate Robin makes me a tape
(of old funk and hip hop, mainly) he
insists on putting this song on yet again. Apparently, "Naughty Number
Nine" is the other hit off the record,
but I've never heard it. I can try and get Robin to tape me the album if
you like?

"A man and a woman had a little baby, yes they did - they had three-ee-ee
in the family"

Also, is children's TV the only subject which really stimulates people?
While I've been subscribing, Kafka,
Galaxie 500 and sodding Mysterious cities of gold have been the most
popular threads, but enough is surely
enough. More importantly, me and a friend are working on a sitcom, but
the "sit" bit is currently missing. I
would like YOU - yes, you! - to try and help us think of an amusing
situation our characters could find
themselves in. Chew on that, my friends!

Gott a go bed - back in the studio in benighted Bow, East London, by 8 am
tomorrow...

Love you all,
Marky C.

P.S Trousers - glad you appreciated the gesture. Gerard thought I was
being an arse. There's no pleasing some
people!