Sinister: Deprived childhood

Vicky Parkinson uczcvap at xxx.uk
Thu Jun 4 10:56:55 BST 1998

Am I the only person who's mother deprived them of ITV and Grange Hill, as
they were not 'quality' tv?

When I saw that there was a listie thing for B & S fans my heart leapt, and
I though at last, like minded people, and then cruel fate, I joined right
in the middle of a cartoon discussion from which I am totally alienated
given my mother's cruel idea of good parenting! The only ITv programme we
got to watch was Glen Michael's Cavalcade whenever the parents wanted some
peace and quiet at the weekend - hardly quality cartoons.

Someone mentioned The Longest Day a few days ago. I never went when I was
resident in the dear green place, and now I have moved to the metropolis I
think I should go esp. as my friend's band are playing - Nimbus, and they
are very very good. But I need help, as it is the same weekend as the
London picnic if I am not mistaken, and after spending 8 fairly lonely
months in London and a chance to finally meet some B&S fans, I have a HUGE
dilema. Go to the Mecca that is Glasgow, or go to find soulmates (or at
least drinking partners) in my new home.

Dare I create a Glasgow V London thing by asking which I should attend?!

Vicky

PS All BBC cartoons pale in comparison to Dogtanian