Sinister: Miss Venezuela

Mark Casarotto biondino at xxx.com
Fri Jun 5 07:13:45 BST 1998

Hi everyone,

It's your sad correspondent with an exhibitionist streak (why else would I post on the list when I have nothing
to say) who has just come back from a shaming experience at the Swan in Wimbledon, where myself and my
overachieving friend Harry came nowhere in a pub quiz. We didn't even recognise Kung Fu Fighting! There were
only two of us, though (I'm not painting a very attractive picture of myself for those of you who don't know me
- every other night I'm out on my speedboat with Henry Dent-Brocklehurst and the entire Miss Venezuela pageant
("Consuela likes helping old people across the road, reading to street children and the folksy musings of
Stuart Murdoch. Whatta girl!") - might bring them to the Bluesoda social, actually...).

My brother has astounded me tonight - he's been up for the last 72 hours as he's been delivering babies through
the night and for some reason I've come over all hushed with awe. What a phenomenal experience! I can't imagine
anything thoughout my whole career will compare to what he's just done. He's only a medical student (hope they
didn't tell the mothers that), but wow.

Thank you to Tag as well for his fab comedy idea - I trust there will be many vicars with their keks down (and
wearing suspenders - for their socks, I mean) and people being pushed out of windows. Have you read/seen Joe
Orton's "Loot"? One of the more entertaining things we had to study in our Self-Conscious Theatre: Currents in
Italian and English Theatre course at the good ole University of Warwick (that's a point - any warwicensians
out there? Make yourselves known!), though not as good as Fo's "Acidental Death of an Anarchist". Genius.

I'm worrying again about becoming bored with Belle and Sebastian. There, I've said it. They're still the most
phenomenal melody makers I've ever heard, bar none, but occasionally I can listen to Tigermilk and not cry. Am
I losing it? Rescue me, my friends, before I turn to the dark side ("I am your father, Luke...")......

Too much. Sorry.

Kick out the Jams, Brothers and Sisters!
Marky C. xxx