Sinister: WHY ?

Barrett R ronbarrett at xxx.ie
Fri Jun 5 10:39:00 BST 1998

Why did I get this message twice?  WHY?

Why did I get a blank message from "owner-sinister"?  WHY?

Anyway peeps, there was a lot of talk around Oscar time about Elliott Smith
from the US listees mainly.  He played in Dublin last night so I went to see
what all the fuss was about and he was very good indeed, even if he does
look like a trucker, or as my friend put it "a WWF fan".  I only knew the
stuff from his "Either/Or" album which I bought just the other day and those
songs in particular sounded great.

Keith is right and Rod is wrong about the Ultrasound single - Jesus, what
drivel.  I'm sure I liked something by them before but that one had a tune.
SOTW for me is the new one by the hormones, who can't write a decent lyric
to save their life but seem to have more good Fanclub-y tunes than you can
shake a stick at.  They were the wedding band in Friends recently I believe,
but don't let that put you off.

Cheerio
Ronan