Sinister: Salako

susannah susannah at xxx.net
Sat Jun 6 12:38:34 BST 1998

Corrrrr!

Have you london kids been listening to XFM lately??
Yes, today and yesterday, as I was psychically tuning in my walkman at just the
right moments in time and space, I heard Salako's song ' Go on then Enlighten
me, why don't ya?'
Not wanting to take Katrina's job from her, they are Jeepster's new band, a
four/five(?) piece from Hull, and, just so you know it from someone *outside*
Jeepster, they fucking rule, the best band I've heard since (cough)  our old
faves.
Anyone whose attended the first London picnic or the bluesoda socials may have
met James, the singer, and can I just say, that I can't get over the fact that
dickie little james, the one who looks and acts like a naughty little schoolboy,
and climbs anything in sight (trees, lamposts, belisha beacons,the
charts*crosses fingers*)  can get a sound like that out of his dickie mouth, let
alone the songs (does James write them too katrina? or a joint effort by all?).
Yeah, so there you have it, but don't let on that I called james 'dickie' or
'little' cos he'll twat me, cos he's a big- hard- muthafucking- cock- rock-
guitar- bending- pop-star-dickie-little-james   OK??

Susannah.