Sinister: alan warner

Kaori Laird kaori at xxx.org
Sun Jun 7 02:17:53 BST 1998

A.M. Horne wrote:

> anyone out there read alan warner's novel _morvern callar_?
>
> espadrille

Yap.It was good reading it.
Movern's challacter was written very vividly and lively and I felt Movern
so real than the bunch of words.
In Movern Callar, Alan Warner also managed to visualise landscape and the
scene(even stimulate the sense of smell)
so real as well as Movern by writing.
I been thinking maybe Juliet Lewis could play Movern very good if she can
get Scottish accent right.
You also could read "These Demented Lands" by Alan Warner after finish
reading Movern Callar.
It's a Movern's next adventure story. It's OK but bit less exciting than
Movern. Kinda "Bridge(by Iain Banks)" dark
feeling in it.

By the way, thank you for your e-mail for my pregnancy, espadrille. How
sweet of you.When are you moving to Japan?

Ta ta,
Kaori