Sinister: New DELGADOS

Perfection As A Hipster Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Sun Jun 7 14:48:15 BST 1998

Stephane wrote ...

>I MUST advise you the new Delgados CD. It's one of the most beautiful
>records i've ever heard -nice voices, nice melodies, violins, flutes,
>and electric noisy guitars from time to time...

Funny, I thought the official release date was tomorrow ... however, on the
strength of their lastest singles I'd blindly second your recommendation.

>Would someone tell me which other album i could buy?

There's not much of a choice, they've only released one other album entitled
_Domestiques_ ... having said that, you shouldn't expect the record to be
similarily smooth ... for a hint, five songs from the BBC Sessions CD are
also on the debut album. More information available ...

>                    Chemikal Underground Records
>          The Delgados/Arab Strap/Magoo/Mogwai/Cha-Cha Cohen
>                  http://www.chemikal.demon.co.uk/
>
>  Want to Join the Chemikal Underground interactive mailing list?
>      Go to: http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/chemikal

>Sorry there was no B&S content in this post (except that the album was
>recorded in Glasgow...)

Well, have you checked the sleeve notes yet ?

I'd bet there is one Tony Doogan featured somewhere ... now check the sleeve
notes of any Belle And Sebastian record currently available in your
collection. ยง;^D

"Primary Alternative"

Andreas

The rain it raineth on the just