Sinister: Re: Rufus Wainwright

Courtney Knopf vegasbaby at xxx.com
Mon Jun 8 10:45:31 BST 1998

>Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 10:10:31 EDT
>From: EmitEcaps at xxx.com
>Subject: Sinister: Rufus Wainwright
>
>	I just want to know if anybody's heard the Rufus Wainwright >album?  I
listened to most of it yesterday and REALLY liked it.  Kind >of a moer
folksy Radiohead meets the Divine Comedy (the strings) and >Ben Folds
Five (the piano playing).  I just thought I'd spread the >word...

Oh my dear! i have been smitten with this CD since february (and it
didn't come out until May) when I first heard him on KCRW's Morning
Becomes Eclectic. He did an in studio performance that I happend to
catch half of. (amazing since i'm not usually up early enough to hear
it).

And now that I have the CD, it's barely left my player since the day I
bought it.

I've been playing it in the car a lot...and my dad likes him. He's also
decided that he likes Pulp, as I was playing bits of This Is Hardcore in
the car as well.

My dad is so hip.

And if you would like to hear a sampling of fair Rufus' mucis, check out
his KCRW appearance in the KCRW archives at www.liveconcerts.com. check
out the february one as it is longer and better than his May appearance.

Get the hence. There will be a quiz, so pay attention:)

~Courtney
The Sultraness of Swing
"Go to all the poshest places, with their familiar faces...."