Sinister: Tigermilk review

Birjinder Anant bsanant at xxx.com
Mon Jun 8 19:57:08 BST 1998

Hi everyone,

I was cleaning out my storage space this weekend and I found a KALX (the
Berkeley college radio station) program guide from Fall of 1996 and it
had the following in the record review section:

Belle and Sebastian
Tiger Milk (sic)
(Electric Honey Records)

   A gorgeous album which came in the mail, out of the blue, marked "AIR
MAIL -- SCOTLAND, UK."  Tiger Milk is one of the most lovely, beguiling
LP's of recent years:  diaphanous Sarah-label angst pop mixed with a
heavy, heavy dose of Nick Drake laid on top.  A fellow KALX DJ sneered
at this description, "No one could sound like Nick Drake -- he was one
of a kind!"  And while that may be true, it's a comparison I'll stick
by; this is a real find.  (Lawrence)

Fuck!

And speaking of Mogwai, their US label Jetset just released their remix
album Kicking a Dead Pig as part of a 2-CD set with the Mogwai Fear
Satan remixes...I got it for $14, and it's worth it, but more for the
Fear Satan remixes...that R U Still in 2 it remix was just unnecessary,
and even harmful...on import, together they would have cost around $35,
so...okay

Take care,
Birjinder