Sinister: Re:ULYSSES LOVERS MAKE YOURSELF HEARD!

AjAaDcAoMbs aadam at xxx.com
Mon Jun 8 20:39:12 BST 1998

Joss wrote:

> > The Nation of Ulysses were utterly great! Their schtick was that they were
> >  a terrorist organisation and they sounded much more punk rockish than the
> >  make up. The most energetic records I've ever heard. Everyone *must* buy
> >  'Plays Pretty for Baby'. No, really.
I cannot wholeheartedly agree. I'm so darned fond of melody.

Then the new Paul wrote:
> absolutely True. you all must buy this record, and their other as well, "the
> 13 point plan to destroy america."
The only one _I_ own.

> the nation have an aesthetic all their own,
> although i'm not so keen on the new make*up ... also, if interested in nou,
> check out ian's (the singer for the nation of ulysses) pre-nou band, the cupid
> car club on kill rock stars.
I'm fairly certain that CCC was between NOU and TMU.

Here's a story you might enjoy:
The first time NOU played Chicago Ian broke his leg during the show.
This was simply a result of his _normal_ stage antics. The really
strange thing was that, not only did the show not stop, I didn't even
notice!
I found out about it at their next visit.

> my apologies if this is horribly off-topic... consider me chastised already,
> and move on.
ditto

Aadam