Sinister: There's only one McTag?

Barrett R ronbarrett at xxx.ie
Thu Jun 11 13:17:00 BST 1998

Sorry if this is old news to all of ye, but is the Robert McTaggert who
writes of the Iranian film "A Taste Of Cherries" in this month's Uncut our
very own McTag?  If anyone is thinking of seeing the film in question, I'd
just like to warn them that the 4 stars that this Mc Tag gave it is 3 more
than it deserves.  I had the misfortune of seeing it at the Dublin Film
Festival and it's this sort of plotless humourless junk that give foreign
films a bad name.  How it beat The Ice Storm and LA Confidential to the
Palme D'Or is beyond me.  (Apologies if it's not the same McTag at all and
this is completely irrelevant)

I know there are some Go Betweens fans out there,  I saw Robert Forster the
other night and the man is still a star even if some of his solo stuff
doesn't quite match previous heights.  No GBs songs though, apart from "Rock
n Roll Friend" as an encore, which was a pity.

If anyone knows of record shops in Paris/Toulouse/Bordeaux could they please
let me know.  I'm heading over next week for a couple of games, being one of
the jammy sods who got through on that hotline.

Cheerio
Ronan