Sinister: FRENCH KISS

email gorselli at xxx.org
Thu Jun 11 23:45:56 BST 1998

FRENCH KISS
Hello Hello I'm julien a french listener of B&S from the south of France. I met the l.p. If you feeling sinistre by a day of April 1997.I mean it was a real date, a romantic rendez-vous! Actually I know, it's pretty late, but B&S's album just began to be sold in french music stores.Anyway I was so proud to find such a songwriter, as emotionnal as Serge Gainsbourg was & is for me (Do B&S fans appreciate Serge Gainsbourg).I have so many questions to ask... sorry for this first one maybe silly but I'm a rookie: Is the name of the band related to he french comic "Belle et Sebastien"? Could it be seen on british channels? (Stupid question but important for me right!)
In a french magazine it was wrote that Stuart Murdoch and Elliott Smith are the most talented songwritter of the decade; both of them are really influenced by Nick Drake...What do you think of that?Last question, how did Stuart Murdoch participate to Philophobia the magnifique alcooholic l.p. of Arab Strap?
I had a ( bad) dream last night: I saw scottish supporters showing their genital trophy under their kilt, in Paris, singing B&S songs!?! Your new teammate,
              Julien