Sinister: Hello from a new sinisteree

Kevan Cooke kcooke at xxx.uk
Fri Jun 12 10:19:00 BST 1998

You're a chatty lot aren't you!

I've just arrived fresh from the Tindersticks mailing list where it's all doom
and gloom and discussions on whether Nick Cave or Tom Waits is more fun.

They like the Arab Strap album over there.

I did my best to make sure that B&S got a frequent mention.
And Serge Gainsbourg (Hi Julien).
And Momus.

Talking of Momus did any UK subscribers see the article in todays Guardian about
Japanese music?  How they failed to mention Momus I don't know.

They even had a few words from Cornelius who wrote the music for "Le Roi Soleil"
which Momus penned the lyrics for, and who used to be Kahimi Karie's boyfriend.
And they mentioned the new Pizzicato Five album which features a remix (and
sleeve notes) by Momus.

Anyway, the introduction.

I enjoy my B&S accompanied by a well made cocktail.

I moved down to Hampshire from Manchester last December just in time to miss the
B&S gigs :( and now work for an alcoholic drinks company in Southampton :)

My advice to Claire and Adrian is to drink rum.

Good luck to everyone who's in the middle of exams.
Sorry, but I can't see Scotland qualifying for the second round.

Kevan