Sinister: Football

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Fri Jun 12 17:05:07 BST 1998

This whole football malarky is simple. It's great, it's a simple as that.
And it's the world cup. We just got beaten by Brazil, essentially cause of
an unlucky deflection off of Tom Boyd's chest into the goal from the
Brazilian cross, oh well, unlucky, unlike what Evans says about Scotland, we
played well, simple as that.
    Darren Jackson was on the telly yesterday (who's a Scotland player)
pointing out that maybe it'd have been a draw if Boydy hadn't been so fat -
which I thought was good to at least have a laugh about the game, we got
beaten by the world champions - no bloody surprise there. What worries me is
that it looks like Morocco are a brilliant team. Yes it looks like Scotland
will not progress to the second round, still Adrian's point about us being
bollocks doesn't really stand, in a country of about 6 million people, we do
very well to even qualify - and your team's shit... by the way.

And then Dave said :

>He was much better on the Wide Awake Club.

Sorry Dave, this is an old joke. Slightly modified, ironically Zoe Ball said
it the other morning, that he was much better on Magpie. You were on the
wide awake club weren't you? I remember my little brother pointing it out
one day.

Cheers,
    Keith.

ps: London list people, some of us are out for a night out in Glasgow this
weekend, so I hereby declare a competition to see who can have the most fun.
Reports on Monday morning please.