Sinister: Wot, no more exams?

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Fri Jun 12 17:48:52 BST 1998

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998 Anna_Chapman at idg.com wrote:

> Anyway my request is that please could this be the one and only world cup
> message to find its way on to the list. Could it really be a plpace where
> we talk about good music and cool things not mindless men with silly little
> balls!!!

Not a hope in hell. Football is life, and will remain so for the next 4
weeks. Or at least until we get some B&S release info.

And England are going to win.

In a least one match.

Anyway, here I was fretting about the fact that I was going to have to
leave you all for the summer, what with me being a student and all, when
yesterday HURRAY! I got a summer job! At last! So now I'm going to be
spending July and August writing software for motorracing teams. Which
means you won't be able to get rid of me just yet, hard luck. Oh yes, and
it also means I'll be staying in Cambridge all summer with hardly anyone I
know here, so I may just pop down to the odd social / picnic or ten.

Recent CD purchases since my exams finished; the Fatboy Slim single (buy
it now! Keep David Badiel off number one! He can't sing to save his life!)
which is just superb, and the Rialto album, which has some cracking songs
but lacks variety. I've just found out that I'll be seeing Rialto play on
Monday night at a May Ball, which should be good; unfortunately I think
they've also got Robbie Williams playing...

Right, that's enough irrelevant ramblings for now (although I did at least
manage to mention B&S once, which makes a change...). I'm sure I've got a
football match to watch...

Stuart G

PS How about Sinister T-Shirts with a photo on them of Genevieve in a
French Maid's outfit?