Sinister: fun fun fun

Tara Widmer TWidmer at xxx.com
Fri Jun 12 23:31:43 BST 1998

WOW!! can I just tell you that I had an exciting evening, markedly so
cos for the first time ever I met a B&S fan randomly... not even a
listee... so i was at this club last night and this retro-y type guy
asks me to dance and we're talking about music.  He says he's into
techno and dance so I ask him to tell me what was the last good album he
bought, not that i'd know it anyway?
"you probably will, actually, " said he, "it was Belle and Sebastian."
I was so happy all i could say is, "noooo, NO way!!! I.....*adore* you."
I asked him how he could tell I liked Belle & Seb and he said "You just
seem like you would".  I'll take that as a compliment i guess??
This may seem silly but it's exciting for me since the only Belle fans I
knew before were other listees.
And Tasha dear, the Girl racer, he mentioned he thinks your name rocks.

anna wrote
<<Why oh why does the world cup have to dominate not only every TV set
but the mind of every male as well. >>
Move to america sweetie! Instead you can watch basketball finals and
wait with  bated breath to see if Michael jordan can drag himself
through another season of making billions...decisions decisions...
Soccer is more interesting anyway. VAI BRASIL!!

Who is this band Cheeky Monkey they mention in the June issue of Select?
Along with a couple other bands they compare them to Belle & Sebastian,
is anyone able to verify/refute these claims?

guinness...yuck,
taracita