Sinister: The WiderThe Wider Issues Of The Day

jon g. jon.g at xxx.com
Sat Jun 13 20:36:21 BST 1998

Hey Kids!

Exams are almost nearly over, so expect an overdose of kids-tv related
postings in about a week's time.

Ok, currently worrying jon g. and bethey:
* The new album by B&S will be here in the future.
* Having become totally obsessed with the afore mentioned 'pop group', for
example getting really excited when Wrong Love was played on the radio, how
are we going to cope with 10+ new tracks?
* Will we have to limit ourselves to 1 track per week?
* Maybe buy it on CD as well as vinyl and use intro play to gradually
introduce the tracks to our minds.
* In short, it's going to be too darn exciting for some of us (well, me).
What am I going to do?

Did anyone hear the live music update on thursday night on radio one?  The
band to watch were Salako (however you spell it), the latest signing to
Jeepster.  The track they talked over sounded quite good.  Most exciting of
all, Mark Jones spoke!  It was well exciting (see what I mean about being
obsessed!).  Apparently, they don't like playing live, which is nice.  Then
the bloke from the band said that he was listening to the Sound Of Music
soundtrack a lot at the moment, which granted him instant credability with
myself, as it is a great film, as I'm sure you'll agree.  Then he said most
of his influences were stuff he found when walking around, like the sky.  He
mentioned foxes, which was also very exciting.  I'll shut up now.

Wow!  Someone else started a kids tv thread in the form of Count Duckula.
All I have to say on the issue is:
Goodnight, wherever you are! (said in a spooky voice.  sort of).

>I've just arrived fresh from the Tindersticks mailing list where it's all
doom
>and gloom and discussions on whether Nick Cave or Tom Waits is more fun.
and it's all on-topic.  I unsubscribed quickly.  It wasn't much fun.

Stars In Their Eyes final is taking place as I speak.  How thrilling.

I can't remember what I was going to say.

Oh yes, I can.  Oh no I can't.

Ho-hum.

Oh yeah, Aya wrote:
<deleted>

Wow.  Yet more multi-lingual, yet indecipherable communication.

Right.  Well.

Yeah.

Wherever I go, I hear the claps in Lazy Line Painter Jane.  Is this just me?

tara.

jon g.
jon.g at btinternet.com - http://surf.to/jongandbethey