Sinister: It's a London Thing

Mark Casarotto biondino at xxx.com
Mon Jun 15 06:44:28 BST 1998

Here we go - another letter started without a clue how it's going to end...

A strange weekend - I've just got in and heard that my grandmother's been taken to hospital, I'm now
unemployed, I've got a script report to write, and the godlike Robbie Earle scored a honey for Jamaica...

I'm also wondering if all you listees have a somewhat pro-Scotland/anti-London stance. Would it be the same if
B&S came from Finchley? I for one think London is fucking wicked in almost every respect, I've lived here all
my life (brief sojourn in Bologna excepted), and fully intend to stay here for ever and ever. I think it's
beautiful, haunting, sexy, dark, vivacious, pretentious, cuddly and grotesque, and I love it. It does kind of
annoy me reading all this "oh well of course I live in London but my life's changed ever since I went to
Glasgow, what a wonderful place, so much more full of life and intimacy than big, anonymous, grimy ol' London
Town" - if you don't like this place you haven't got to know it nearly well enough.

I should point out at this point I've never been to Glasgow. I apologise in advance for any entirely
hypocritical about turn in my future affections.

I also think Vancouver is The Bomb, but that's a different matter.

Wow - I don't usually get so passionate in my postings - I'm actually sitting here with my heart beating double
time and my adrenaline fully mobilised. I wish it could be more obvious - that's the trouble with these little
words on the page - no-one really knows what I'm thinking <spooky chuckle>...

Ho detto troppo, senz'altro,

FORZA ITALIA!
Biondino xxx