Sinister: Ruling report

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Mon Jun 15 09:37:01 BST 1998

It turns out there wasn't much of a competition, as I've been advised that not a lot of ruling went on in London anyway, that's a pity, the idea was more to encourage a good time rather than actively seek a competition anyway. Well, we ruled anyway and a good time was had by all the people involved. Pity about Jamaica last night, they played well and were unlucky, however, they feigned no injury and politely helped the Croats who were pretending to be injured to their feet. Hopefully the Reggaeboyz will do better in their next game.

    As regards Mark's letter about people dissing London and stuff, well, I suppose it's fairly inevitable when the list's about a band who come from Glasgow. Perhaps occassionally you become a little bit fed up spending your whole life watching the telly and only hearing news from London, I've had a nice time every time I've been to London, but gave up the idea of living there recently for exactly the reasons you describe. Too big, takes bloody ages to get anywhere. - everyone seems to be rushing about all over the place too, that might've just been my impression however. I don't think anyone's come away with anti-London statements on the list though.

    One thing puzzles me, perhaps Mr.Blair will be able to answer this question, we bumped into a "Sandy", carrying 10 bottles of beer on Sauchiehall st, Saturday night about 11:30 or so, it struck me a few minutes later that this may possibly have been Mr.Sandy Blair (who I believe is still on this list), however I dunno. Was it?

Cheers,
    Keith.