Sinister: Ruling report

Michael Jones tourajsig2 at xxx.com
Mon Jun 15 10:52:28 BST 1998

---Keith Watson  wrote:

> It turns out there wasn't much of a competition, as I've been
advised that not a lot of ruling went on in London anyway, that's a
pity, the idea was more to
Welllll, hold on a minute there fella... there was ruling a-plenty in
London at the weekend.  Blue Soda was suffering slightly from the
Missing Jenga Block (which pretty much accounted for the tower's
collapse on my go rather than Susannah's, as far as I can ascertain;
really, I've worked it out with maths and stuff, don't argue with me
on this one) and the non-bucking Buckaroo until Trousers brought us
all to order with the first of possibly many Fantastic Pop Quizzes.
Now, I may be doing their fellow team members a disservice, but having
both Tag and Andy Dean on your side pretty much makes for a foregone
conclusion in my book... *and* they had the best name (something
long-winded and rude I seem to recall) just in case of a tie (no
chance of that).  Mistaking Bobbie Gentry for Laura Nyro in the
picture round and forgetting Holly and the bleeding Italians... just
humiliating...

Afterwards a small but tightly bound group of us wandered into deepest
Holborn.  While the rest of us queued for Popstarz, Tag, overcome by a
roaring tiredness, opted for a wild cab ride to SE16 with Trousers'
keys clutched firmly in his hand, never to be seen again.  Stevie T,
Sabine, Elizabeth, Philippa and myself then danced ourselves sick
until the small hours, before surrendering ourselves to the night,
dodgy cabs and wandering buses.  To bed in broad daylight for the
first time in...

(Stereo) Mike.