Sinister: dull dull dull

Honey honey at xxx.net
Mon Jun 15 12:46:44 BST 1998

Boring message, but I'd like to preface it with a comment to Bethey
that I'd rather play with my Princess Angel Barbie than watch footie
any day.

OK here goes - please read at least quickly as it'll keep me in a
job: if you stop receiving mails from the list please see the
section on the WWW site for information on how to get yourself
fixed.  It's at:

	http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/faq.html#6

The answer is usually that there's a screw up somewhere with your
email at your service provider - I deal with about, ooo, 5 of these
at least a day.  What happens is, if your mail fails to get through
on many consecutive occasions, you get taken off Sinister and put on
another list which will privately keep trying to email you, so that
when your mail gets fixed it can tell you what you can do to
get back.  If you see one of these mails just follow the
instructions.

If your mail dries up please help me out by doing some work yourself
before mailing me:

1. Check there ARE actually mails coming in that you aren't receiving
- look at the WWW archives:

	http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/hypermail/current/

2. Check you are still on the list:

	http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/#join

If not and you expect to be (remember to check the digest version
too) then your mail will have been knackered for so long you got put
on bounces.  Await an email.

3. If you ARE on Sinister and you still aren't receiving mail, check the
directory of the last 100 error messages the list is currently
receiving at:

	http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/errors

They're totally cryptic and tricky to look through, but it will at
least tell you if you have problems, and you may want to take the
error to your system admin or service provider and stick a pencil up
their nose.  It at least tells you if Sinister can't send to you for
some reason.

4. If you're really stuck still, mail me.  But I'll be there with a
pencil if you haven't at least taken a quick look at 1) to 3).

Honey xxx