Sinister: they go boom!!

ELIZABETH DAPLYN EDAPLYNR3N00297 at xxx.uk
Mon Jun 15 16:00:27 BST 1998

Pedro Z wrote:
> Can I recommend a band ?  Please?
> Thanks. So, the name of the band is Soda Stream, they are germans, and
> they
> are great!
Gosh, what a coincidence: I too have a Sodastream to recommend, but this one
is Australian and also fantashtic.  I heard a solo song by their
singer/songwriter Karl Smith on John Peel a while back, loved it to bits,
found their website and emailed the bassist, who for a small fee kindly sent
me Karl's solo EP "The Sky Is Beginning To Bruise" ("Withnail & I"
reference!  Hurrah!) and the full band CD "Enjoy", both of which are lovely
lovely lovely.
> Lying somewhere between brighter and Field mice. How about that?
The Oz Sodas are also somewhat Field Mice-y.  Is this a neat example of
parallel evolution or something more...sinister?  Hmmmm...

Also, Debbie (nee Alan) wrote:
> incidentally, the nearest place was called Howtown, which struck me as the
> name of a place you'd find in a Richard Scarry book (eg. 'Busytown'),

anyone lived in a pretty how town
(with up so floating many bells down)
spring summer autumn winter
he sang his didn't he danced his did

Women and men (both little and small)
cared for anyone not at all
they sowed their isn't they reaped their same
sun moon stars rain

	Just for all youse eec fans out thar...

             ByeBye,
                          Liz.

               Tsuki-Yuki-Hana

Twitch the blind and look at the moon.
The big round moon like a piece of soap.
It washes the daylight out of your eyes
and fills them with night-time.

                                                Ivor Cutler