Sinister: I'm goatish.

Rod Begbie rod at xxx.com
Mon Jun 15 18:03:47 BST 1998

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Keith Watson wrote:

> >He was much better on the Wide Awake Club.
> Sorry Dave, this is an old joke. Slightly modified, ironically Zoe Ball said
> it the other morning, that he was much better on Magpie.

I know, it's an obvious one.  But I couldn't resist...

> You were on the
> wide awake club weren't you? I remember my little brother pointing it out
> one day.

Yep!  Appeared on "Singing In The Shower", performing Bryan Ferry's "Let's
Stick Together".  Definitely the low-point in my media career (one step up
from asking a question to Tanita Tikaram on Going Live).

I met the afore-mentioned permboy, and if you want to find out my opinion
of him, try searching DejaNews for "Tommy Boyd AND cunt".

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Stuart Gardiner wrote:

> Recent CD purchases since my exams finished; the Fatboy Slim single (buy
> it now! Keep David Badiel off number one! He can't sing to save his life!)
> which is just superb, and the Rialto album, which has some cracking songs
> but lacks variety.

<double takes>

Rialto album?!?  I thought they were just preparing to release Monday
Morning 5:15 for the umpteenth time, just on a different label now?
Wossit called?

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, debbie wrote:

> A.M. Horne wrote:
> > so, scotland have won something at last!
>
> ooh, that's not very nice... however true it may turn out to be, hehehe.
> humph. why are we so shit?

It's all mathematics.  Brazil has a population of 120 million, we have a
population of 5 million.  Statistically, there is a higher chance of them
having 11 decent players than there is of us.  As we proved so amply last
Wednesday.

Now, Norway, on the other hand, is roughly the same as us,
population-wise.  So when they whip our hides tomorrow, we'll have to come
up with a new excuse.

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, debbie wrote:

> i just read that Je T'aime Gainsburg is gonna be on at the edinburgh
> festival this year. does anyone know whos going to be playing in it? will
> it be the same as the Renfrew ferry one. just wondered. Am v. excited,
> JAMC, Spiritualised and PJ Harvey are playing too. Wow!

My friends were somewhat confused when I said I was delighted that my move
to America had been put back to October.  But I'm chuffed, cause it means
that I can go the Festival this year, as well as go to V98 (tickets
pending) which looks bloody great too.

Mind you... I won't actually be able to afford any tickets to these
things, cause I'm going to have to do some crappy temping job over the
summer :(  Data entry sucks!

Anyone for a game of Sinister Hangman?

Rod.

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |