Sinister: Pants Left In The Middle

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Jun 15 22:31:36 BST 1998

Dave wrote:

>It's all mathematics.  Brazil has a population of 120 million, we have a
>population of 5 million.  Statistically, there is a higher chance of them
>having 11 decent players than there is of us.  As we proved so amply last
>Wednesday.

Well, everyone knows that if every Chinese person decided to jump up in the
air at the same time, the world would stop turning round. But they're still
shit at football. Also, the so-called Basque Country has a total population
of three people, all of whom play for the Spanish national team. Except the
one who plays for France. What's more, there are no Bobby Charlton Soccer
Schools in Brazil, whereas the United States of America is riddled with
them. Your argument doesn't hold water, Dave. It's just not watertight.
Football is much more complicated. In the opinion of many experts, it all
boils down to who likes it up 'em and who doesn't like it up 'em. Those who
like it up 'em, such as Germany, are virtually unstoppable, regardless of
their population count.

I once saw Benfica play. It was great. Like Sunderland, they play in the
Stadium of Light and are urged on by the famous Roker Roar.

Chris, thanks for that Natalie Imbruglia information. Only one quibble:
what's all this about shagging? No one actually does that, it's just a story
made up by perverts to sell more drugs to children. I'm sure Natalie was
stealing Jasper's Buckaroo in those toilets. Either that or handing round
the shandies. Don't leave us in the dark! Paul's got some Barbara Dickson
gossip as well, haven't you Paul?

Peter

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?