Sinister: It's a London Thing

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 16 09:31:04 BST 1998

>ooh no, i'm all FOR London, i LOVE all the fabulous posts to the list
>about completely random people that I know nothing about and occasions
>that also mean nothing to me at all - the first 5 are cool and funny, me
>starts to get bored after the zillionth "and then Jasper nicked my
>BUCKAROO! god! we ruled/romped/whatever is currently in fashion" - cos
>it really means a lot to the ooh few hundred or so listees that are OUT
>of London...... perhaps I should tell you about my night out in Preston
>and what Lucy ended up doing, but perhaps I won't cos, er, none of you
>give a shit. don't mean to offend anyone here but hey some of us face
>life miles away from Bow Bells or whatever.
>
>and why do bands play 4 nights at the astoria or whatever, and then 4
>nights in the WHOLE ENTIRE REST OF GREAT BRITAIN....

Actually Sarah, yeah I'm inclined to agree with you. Sorry Mark, for not
always talking about London all the time, unfortunately (or otherwise) most
of us don't come from there, so it makes it quite hard to talk about. There
are a lot of places worth talking, and a lot of people doing a lot of
interesting things - I didn't really think it mattered where they were from,
just that their letters were interesting. Indeed London easily has the most
people belting on about it at the moment - so there seems little cause for
complaint.
    What I want to hear is the experiences of some brummies - Birmingham
gets such a bad rep, and the people are great. Let's hear some stuff about
the B+S listees in Birmingham.

    Rodney/Dave, a couple of weeks ago I thought I saw you in the pub, so I
spent a few minutes shouting "RODNEY RODNEY... DAVE DAVE DAVE" across the
pub - but it wasn't, it was some fellow from Policecat. If anyone goes and
sees Policecat in the near future, look for the bloke who looks like Dave.

    What do I think of the England victory? Fine, good luck to them, did
they win the fight as well? the double? We play Norway today, and in world
rankiing terms we're well ready to get beaten, still that's not the point is
it, it's the taking part. Most people up here hate England and especially in
footballing terms, I'm not one of them.

    Who's all coming to the longest day then, cause we should all meet up
for that, hopefully it won't be raining, I'm going to go early on next year
to avoid last year's daft carry on.

Cheers,
    Keith.

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?