Sinister: mick cooke - amphetameanies

blue soda d.kitchen at xxx.net
Tue Jun 16 21:28:32 BST 1998

just got this message from mick, so here it is forwarded to sinister...

-=-

I have yet more gig news (and release dates this time) for The Karelia and
the Amphetameanies. Please bear with me, or humour me, or something...

The Karelia:

The Karelia and El Hombre Trajeado play:
Nice'n'Sleazy, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow (Tel 0141 333 9637);
Saturday 13th June;
9pm onwards
Tickets £3 on the door
Described by The List magazine as: "Two of the best alternative bands in
Glasgow (that's alternative as in 'actually quite different to most other
things you'll hear')."

This is a launch night for a split 7" single between El Hombre- very good,
kind of Fugazi-ish, John Peel favourites-(their song is called 'Like
Quicksand') and the Karelia ('Vision in a World Without Spectacles') on F&J
Records. Nationwide UK release on 22nd June (all good independents), 15th
June for Glasgow shops (Fopp, Missing etc.). The cover for the single is a
bright yellow spiral pattern, with red writing.

Amphetameanies (an 11-piece 2-Tone stylee ska band I play with, in case you
didn't know):

The Amphetameanies, The Newtown Grunts, Duffy Moon and DJ Lukey Luke play:
King Tut's, St. Vincent Street, Glasgow (Tel 0141 221 5279); on
Thursday 18th June
8.30pm onwards
Tickets £3.50 in advance
Described by The List: "Glasgow's all-star ska band The Amphetameanies doff
their caps to 2-Tone with a little help from the Buckfast-swilling Newtown
Grunts."
Again, another launch night for:

Amphetameanies debut 7" single out at the end of June- 'Around the World in
5 and a Half Minutes' (F&J Records: cat no SHaG 021)- nationwide UK release
through SRD distribution (all good independents). Available via mail order
from June 18th. Snippets of both songs ('Mo'ska' and 'Tales of the Arizona
Highway Patrol') are on the website:

News, info, audio, photos and irrelevant shit:
http://www.redfoot.force9.co.uk/meanies/

Either of the above singles can be ordered direct from F&J.
Send a cheque or postal order, made out for £3.00 (£4.00 outside of UK), to
Sandy Black at:

F&J Records,
PO Box 16704,
Glasgow,
G12 9WQ

Cheers,
Mick

-=-

if anyone has questions, then mail me and i'll pass them on when i get the chance.
:)

david kitchen

--
                                 -=-
                      http://www.jeepster.co.uk/

 - fanclub - fiction - lyrics - merchandise - records - competitions -
 - poetry - IRC chat - voting booth - FAQ - picnics - socials - news -

                       mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk
                      mailto:d.kitchen at virgin.net
                     mailto:bluesoda at totalweb.co.uk

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?