Sinister: you're the match of Jericho

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Wed Jun 17 10:41:42 BST 1998

>anyway, i don't see the point of nationalism at all, really. i mean, it has
>nothing to do with you where you are born- its something thats wholly out
>of your control, so how can anyone be proud of it? it's not something
>you've earned or achieved, is it?

Nationalism is a rotten trait, and Scots are certainly good at it as far as
the English are concerned, same carry on though, it's generally a minority,
I don't think it matters too much where footballs concerned, I don't even
know if you can call it nationalism, seems like too strong a word, I'm happy
to support Scotland as a football team, but I'm certainly not proud to come
from here. For all this though I very much doubt whether anyone on this list
would display any nationalist tendencies.

    Incidentally, Jimmy Hill was on Scottish telly just before the world cup
started, and he was asked if he'd support Scotland under given cicrumstances
and he pointed out that he'd support Scotland against Germany, cause we've
fought Germany in two world wars. Daft bastard.

Cheers,
    Keith.

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?