Sinister: Football's coming home

Jochen Stepan / WA JSTEPAN at xxx.de
Wed Jun 17 12:09:12 BST 1998

>anyway, i don't see the point of nationalism at all, really. i mean,
it has
>nothing to do with you where you are born- its something thats wholly out
>of your control, so how can anyone be proud of it? it's not something
>you've earned or achieved, is it?
>    Incidentally, Jimmy Hill was on Scottish telly just before the
>world cup
>started, and he was asked if he'd support Scotland under given
>cicrumstances
>and he pointed out that he'd support Scotland against Germany, cause
>we've fought Germany in two world wars. Daft bastard.

Yeah,
I'm from Germany and it seems that a lot of people support foreign
teams like Brazil or even Jamaica! Sure, most interest (even by me)
is for the German team, but I think it's natural when you watch your
country's team. You have something in common, but I wouldn't call it
nationalism. Some might think different (hooligans, wether English or
German).
Anyway, I have seen the new Baddiel/Skinner/Lightning Seeds video and
I laughed, till the tears came. German spectators really suck. They
look like from Eastern Germany, about we make a lot of jokes of.
These beards and fucking 80's haircuts! Now you see, why good music
doesn't have a chance here!

Are any people here who collect the world cup Panini stickers?

Bis bald,
Jochen

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?